From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unstable packages on stable Gentoo
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 15:59:32
1 On 3/9/20 11:35 AM, Consus wrote:
2 >
3 > But maybe the person who maintains ebuild does not have enough time to
4 > ensure that all QA requirements are met. E.g. installing (willingly) an
5 > unstable package is not the same as installing a "stable" package that
6 > in fact is not.
9 No one even agrees on what "stable" means, so I can't make any promises.
10 But ideally, the maintainer would determine which of the two cases ("I
11 forgot" or "this package is junk") applies and make a decision based on
12 that.