From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Back in the soup [circular mask problem]
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:34:06
1 On Friday 10 March 2006 18:10, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Ok, Its the only ebuild available ....
3 > and following that advice for ever will not explain how to get aroud
4 > this circular masking problem.
5
6 It's not a circular masking problem, mesa is package.mask'd, as in
7 proper-unstable-breaks-the-tree-broken masked.
8
9 > Its probably simple enough but not apparent to me.
10
11 You could add media-libs/mesa to /etc/portage/package.unmask, but that will
12 lead you into the (also package.mask'd) modularized X.
13 Modularized X is obviously not ready for unstable, and the version of mesa in
14 the tree depends on that modularized version to work.
15
16 I don't think you are going to get mesa installed without a fair bit of
17 trouble.
20 Mike Williams
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list