From: Nevynxxx <nevyn@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cloning + upgrade howto?
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 13:35:55
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > uninstalled packages. Copy the world file from the other machine
3 > somewhere other than /var/lib/portage and run
4 >
5 > emerge -n $(cat /path/to/otherworld)
9 > Only one, portage will barf when you have a world file containing
10
11 I've never seen that, and yes, I've been known to add a package atom to
12 the end of the world file when I wanted to update world, and add a
13 package at the same time (xfce4 was the last time I think, a month or
14 so ago), and didn't want to do it in two commands.....
15
16 In that cases I was adding a whole DE, so was also changing lots of USE
17 flags, so wanted an emerge -uDavN world to just update all the use flags
18 at once.... echo "xfce-base/xfce4" >> /var/lib/portage/world followed by
19 emerge -uDavN world worked a treat.....