From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Looking for other Seamonkey users
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 07:36:48
1 On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 23:41:50 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I've done some research.  It seems Dovecot is what I need.  It uses mbox
4 > and has some features I might need one day already where Courier doesn't
5 > but there isn't much difference really.  If anyone is curious, the
6 > comparison is here.
7 >
8 > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_mail_servers
9 >
10 > The biggest thing, mbox.  If I recall correctly that is what Seamonkey
11 > uses and I should be able to import those easy enough.
12
13 You are better off with maildir, mbox is far more susceptible to date
14 loss through file damage. There is a script to convert an mbox file to
15 maildir, but you should also be able to just set up a new account in
16 Seamonkey using the local server and copy all your mails across. The
17 server will then take care of everything.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 If bankers can count, how come they have eight windows and only four
24 tellers?