From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Video editing advice on formats and size of file
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 03:27:38
1 Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, it took some experimenting but I finally figured it out. I like
4 > to have never found the save video option under the file menu. Why
5 > not hide it next time. lol I can't blame it on my glasses this time
6 > either. I got new ones a while back. Maybe it is stupidity. o_O
7 >
8 > I will say this tho, it is dang fast. It took like 10 to 15 seconds
9 > and it was done. Kdenlive took MUCH longer.
10 >
11 > File size is awesome too. The two files added are very close to just
12 > adding the file size of each video. I'm talking within a megabyte or
13 > two.
14 >
15 > Thanks for this tip. I got a new toy to play with. lol
16 >
17 > Dale
18 >
19 > :-) :-)
22 Since you seem to have used this more than I have. I have a question.
23 On the original videos, the sound is synced up fine. The words match
24 when their lips move and other sounds match up. After I splice them
25 together, the sound is off. It seems longer videos are worse than
26 shorter ones. Am I missing something here? I'm pretty much using the
27 default settings.
28
29 I also have a problem with the older .flv1 files. Any tips on that?
30 Something special I need to install for older formats? I googled and
31 found threads but it appears the packages either merged with something
32 else or are no longer available or something.
33
34 Thanks much.
35
36 Dale
37
41 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
42
43 Miss the compile output? Hint:
44 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"