From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc-2.5
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 07:44:18
1 On Sunday 11 February 2007, Marc Blumentritt wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > after syncing portage yesterday, an update for glibc from 2.4-r4 to
5 > 2.5 is shown. Is there anything special to do after this update? Last
6 > time glibc was updated you had to rebuild world, if I remember
7 > correct.
8 >
9 > Thanks in advance
10 > Marc
11
12 The change to 2.5 was seamless for me with no problems whatsoever. It
13 progressed just like upgrading any other package (in complete contrast
14 to the glibc-2.4 and gcc-4x upgrades).
15
16 I upgraded when it hit ~x86 on Oct 11 and it's been recompiled 3 times
17 since, all problem free.
18
19 alan
24 Optimists say the glass is half full,
25 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
26 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
27
28 Alan McKinnon
29 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
30 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list