From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 1TB 2.5in drive recommendation
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 08:34:52
1 On Thursday 28 August 2014 16:56:57 Joseph wrote:
2
3 > How about SSD they are not that much more? Will it withstand Gentoo
4 > compilations :-) ?
5
6 I put a SanDisk SSD in my little Atom LAN server when its 2.5" disk failed.
7 It's too early yet too offer an opinion on reliability, but my preparatory
8 reading suggested it should be about average.
9
10 I have a 32-bit chroot on my workstation to build packages for it, so it only
11 has to run emerge -k. I did this because the poor little Atom isn't up to
12 massive compilation tasks. Not in a reasonable time, anyway.
15 Regards
16 Peter