From: "Michael J. Barillier" <blackwolf@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kernel section mismatch(es)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 04:08:40
1 I'm trying to compile a hardened kernel (linux-2.6.36-hardened-r6) and
2 the build is generating thousands (literally) of section mismatch
3 warnings. I've copied my old .config (2.6.31, non-hardened) to the root
4 of the source tree and did a `make oldconfig' followed by `make
5 CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y'. WTF's up with this?
6
7 FWIW, I'm working on rebuilding my box and the make is within a
8 chroot'ed environment - working through the system build process to a
9 temporary directory tree with the intent of booting from a CD and
10 replacing the existing filesystem with the new version.
11
12 FWIW#2: Google'd `linux section mismatch' and didn't get any hits that
13 would point to a reason for the mismatches or a solution for resolving
14 them.
17 Michael J. Barillier /// http://blackwolfinfosys.net/users/blackwolf/
18 _O_| ``Ignorance breeds monsters to fill up the vacancies of the soul
19 __O| that are unoccupied by the verities of knowledge.''
20 OOO| -- Horace Mann