From: Greg Turner <gmt@×××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Chromium browser plugins not listed
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 18:47:42
1 On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 8:03 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Thanks Mike, I didn't know about ppapi - or that this is available as a
4 > separate package. Shouldn't it be drawn in as dependency by Chromium, or
5 > at
6 > least done so by some USE flag?
9 www-plugins/chrome-binary-plugins will get you chrome-style flash and pdf
10 viewing. As for everything else... well, I have been finding lots of uses
11 for firefox lately... There is a patch out there to re-enable npapi but
12 it's no panacea, believe me.
13
14 Anyone know of a good chromium fork with less borg-ware and anti-features
15 in it? I'm starting to get fed up.
16
17 -gmt