From: Timur Aydin <ta@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] creating overlay to modify net-fs/samba-3.6.18
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 20:52:15
1 On 09/11/13 23:13, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > I can't reproduce that fault here, and google hits on the matter seem to
3 > point towards stale metadata referencing eclasses that no longer exist.
4 > I have a hunch you do not have valid metadata for your local overlay, so
5 > I suggest:
6 >
7 > 1. delete the eclass directory from your overlay, run "emerge
8 > --metadata" and emerge samba again. See what that does.
9
10 I have tried this, and the same problem happened, where emerge
11 complained that pam.eclass wasn't found.
12
13 > 2. Set PORTDIR_CACHE_METHOD and/or OVERLAY_CACHE_METHOD explicitly in
14 > make.conf, the best reference for these is in the eix man page
15
16 While reading up on the various methods in the eix man page, I started
17 to wonder whether a setting in /usr/local/portage/metadata/layout.conf
18 was causing this problem. When testing, layout.conf had only a single
19 entry, which was:
20
21 masters =
22
23 I remembered an error message from portage a while ago, which suggested
24 setting this to "gentoo" for backward compatibility. I tried that, and
25 the problem went away :) I was able to emerge samba from the overlay
26 successfully. Does this make sense?
29 Timur