From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to verify stable system after fsck corrections
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 04:54:20
1 Jake Moe wrote:
2 > On 01/06/10 21:04, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 19:46:33 +1000, Jake Moe wrote:
8 >>> My question is: is there a way that Portage can compare what's
9 >>> currently on the hard disk with what it installed, and do some sort of
10 >>> checksum verification on it?
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 >> Portage records a checksum for each file it installs, that's how it known
14 >> not to delete files that were not installed by the ebuild it is
15 >> unmerging. equery has an option to check packages against these
16 >>
17 >> equery check --only-failures '*'
18 >>
19 >> Note that it will show failures on any files that have been modified
20 >> since installation, such as configuration and data files, so you'll have
21 >> to check these manually, but if a library or executable shows up you
22 >> almost certainly have a problem.
26 > Thanks for that Neil. Sounds like just what I need. However, when I
27 > run it, I get:
30 > jmoe@jhb5970 ~ $ equery check --only-failures '*'
31 > !!! unknown local option --only-failures, ignoring
32 > !!! Invalid Atom: ''
33 > jmoe@jhb5970 ~ $ equery check '*'
34 > !!! Invalid Atom: ''
35 > jmoe@jhb5970 ~ $
38 > Is the '*' atom spec a new Portage feature? I haven't switched to the
39 > new Portage yet, I'm still using "stable". Maybe it's time I bite the
40 > bullet and upgrade...
41 >
42 > John Moe
46 I'm running the latest portage and the command worked fine here. I been
47 running the latest portage for a while and it works fine. May as well
48 upgrade and check out the new features.
49
50 Dale
51