From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: single command line argument not working on boot
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 21:56:12
1 On Sunday 21 January 2007 22:10, John covici wrote:
2 > Hi. I was under the impression that I could boot into a shell before
3 > the runlevel default started by adding single to my boot command
4 > line. There is nothing in the single directory and right now when I
5 > say single it goes right to run level 3.
6 >
7 > Any assistance would be appreciated.
8
9 The single runlevel is different from what you want.
10
11 If you want a shell instead of a runlevel you can boot with the init parameter
12 like this:
13 <your_kernel_image> init=/bin/sh
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list