From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Maybe OT]: Instability of system
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 13:48:48
1 On Sunday, 10 June 2018 14:06:22 BST Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2
3 > The shop I bouught everything from seems to have gone out of business,
4 > with both its telephone number and its website having been down for a
5 > sustained period. So I'm unlikely to be able to get the processor
6 > exchanged for an unbuggy one. Shelling out for a new processor out of my
7 > own pocket seems too much of a long shot to justify the money (~400
8 > Euros) and the time.
9 >
10 > So it's looking like I'm not going to be getting the problem fixed any
11 > time soon. :-(
12
13 All may not be lost, yet.
14
15 Since this is arguably a manufacturing fault of the CPU, you should have some
16 consumer rights over it. Try contacting AMD directly for RMA, as long as it
17 is still under the *manufacturer's* warranty and you have your receipt.
20 Regards,
21 Mick