From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC 5.4.0
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 17:24:37
1 On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 04:07:03PM +0000, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > >> I've had the odd rebuild failure here & there, don't bother re-emerging
4 > >> it until revdep-rebuild has finished. Any dependencies it needs would
5 > >> have been rebuilt by then and it should complete without problem.
6
7 > Usually an emerge -e @world works. But this time the dependency tree has
8 > some issues as I have had several failures.
9
10 Here too. The revdep-rebuild only knows portage dependencies. But since it's
11 a rebuild of existing packages, I think it doesn't see any reason to alter
12 the order of merges. Thus we have the occasional failure because a
13 linked-with lib has not yet been rebuilt, so you get an undefined reference.
14
15 > Now just running the revdeprebuild line till it completes without error.
16 > Then will try an emerge -e again.
17
18 As I just found out: it will rebuild the entire list of packages again,
19 because gcc-5.4.0 supplies the same libstdc++.so.6 as did gcc-4 (only with
20 different ABI). To counteract that, I wrote the list of packages into a file
21 and feed that to emerge in smaller chunks. That way I can keep tabs ob which
22 packages have already been built (using genlop) and then remove those
23 packages from my list file for subsequent emerge runs.
26 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
27 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any social network.
28
29 Laziness is the habit of resting before you are tired.