From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Lilo vs. LVM
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 21:04:27
1 On 09/04/2010 07:11 AM, Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a VM with a gentoo guest. For testing I set it up with an LVM
5 > Volume Group that consisted of only one disk. Now I added a 2nd resized
6 > the FS but lilo stopped working. When I call it I get:
7
8 Way back when I was using LILO, it had to be reinstalled to the boot block
9 of the boot drive whenever the partition table changed. The partition
10 table was hard-wired into the boot block, so naturally the boot block
11 needed to be updated. Dunno if LILO still does that, and I can't recall
12 how to re-install the boot block, either :/
13
14 > Is maybe grub the answer to my problem?
15
16 That's what I use, and it's not subject to the re-install problem.
17 Bit of a learning curve at first, but worth it IMO.