From: Jacob Todd <jaketodd422@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Deprecated config file /etc/modprobe.conf
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 19:42:36
1 I'm getting the following warnings when I boot/come back from
2 hibernation:
3
4 WARNING: Deprecated config file /etc/modprobe.conf, all config files
5 belong into /etc/modprobe.d/.
6 WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, it will
7 be ignored in a future release.
8 WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/alsa, it will be
9 ignored in a future release.
10 WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/pnp-aliases, it
11 will be ignored in a future release.
12 WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper, it
13 will be ignored in a future release.
14
15 I just noticed these yesterday because I had to reboot my machine. When
16 did this change in config files happen? Should I just rename the config
17 file in /etc/modprobe.d/ so that they all have .conf at the end, or is
18 there another process I need to do when upgrading? I'm using ~x86.
21 Jake Todd