From: Kirk Lowery <empirical.humanist@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XML editor
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:35:04
1 On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 4:10 AM, Ralf Stephan <ralf@×××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > I'm looking for a free XML editor, may be native or even under
4 > Wine, that works well and helps with, for example, presenting
5 > the content of all <emph> tags as a list, selecting a subset of
6 > them, and changing the subset markup to <placeName rend="bold">.
7 >
8 > Is there an app that I can use for this without programming effort?
9
10 I know that you're looking for a free XML editor, and I'm not sure how
11 full-featured an editor you need.
12
13 But for the record and those googl'ing for XML editors, I can say that
14 I've tried most of the open source xml editors out there. I need a
15 full-featured XML editor, one with an xslt debugger, css WYSIWYG
16 presentation of xml documents, handles schema/relaxng, everything you
17 can think of. And the one that is multi-platform (written in Java)
18 that fits those needs *and* is affordable is <oXygen/>:
19 http://www.oxygenxml.com/. A personal or academic license is only $48
20 and even a business license isn't outrageous (~$300). If you are doing
21 serious xml development (and not simply document markup), then this is
22 one that I have found to be a practical solution.
23
24 Kirk
25 --
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list