From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pptp client under nat
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 12:07:51
1 On Friday 2 May 2008, 13:33, Vladimir Rusinov wrote:
2
3 > > But the tunnel is between ppp0 in your box and the D-link router,
4 > > or between ppp0 in your box and some internal box in the office
5 > > network? What's the network address of the office network?
6 >
7 > It's between my box and d-link. The office network address is
8 > 192.168.5.0/24, my local network is 192.168.1.0/24.
9 > Currenty I can't even ping or telnet to d-link router (I'm 100% shure
10 > that https port is open on d-link).
11
12 If you can't ping or telnet to the d-link using its wan public IP, then
13 you should solve that problem first.
14
15 If you can reach the router through its public IP, then the problem may
16 be in the tunnel configuration.
17
18 I don't know what degree of control you have upon the remote router,
19 however, you could try using a different IP subnet for the tunnel (eg,
20 192.168.100.0/24), which is also a cleaner setup imho (the router needs
21 to be configured to forward IP packets, but that is hopefully already
22 so, otherwise it would be rather useless as a router).
23
24 ATM you are using, for the tunnel, addresses belonging to the same office
25 IP network. This can be done, but then you need to make sure the remote
26 pppd is doing proxy arp (ie, option "proxyarp" to pppd). You still need
27 a static route to 192.168.5.0/24 through ppp0, since by default only
28 the /32 entry to the peer is created.
29 --
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list