From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] broken seamonkey :(
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2015 16:22:58
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Saturday 05 Sep 2015 02:08:47 Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
4 >> On Saturday, September 05, 2015 1:05:06 AM lee wrote:
5 >> > In this case, I happen to have full physical access to the server and
6 >> > thus to the certificate stored on it. This is not the case for, let's
7 >> > say, an employee checking his work-email from home whom I might give the
8 >> > login-data on the phone and instruct to add an exception when the dialog
9 >> > to do so pops up when they are trying to connect.
10 >>
11 >> As a workaround you can create your own CA cert. I tested with a windows
12 >> self- signed cert (I guess the correct term is self-issued) and the
13 >> openssl command will show two certs. The second is the CA.
14 >>
15 >> http://datacenteroverlords.com/2012/03/01/creating-your-own-ssl-certificate
16 >> -authority/
17 >
18 > lee, on my FF I can import a self-signed certificate when I go to:
19 >
20 > about:preferences#advanced
21
22 You mean to enter this as an URL, just like about:config? When I do
23 that, I'm getting "The URL is not valid and cannot be loaded. The
24 provided address is not in a recognized format. Please check the
25 location bar for mistakes and try again.".
26
27 Maybe that only works with firefox?
28
29 > and then select the 'Servers' tab. After I import it I can select it and
30 > click on the 'Add Exception' button at the bottom of the tab. Enter the http
31 > address of the server and FF should go and fetch it afresh when you click on
32 > 'Get Certificate', then tick 'Permanently store this exception' and 'Confirm
33 > Security Exception'. These buttons will be greyed out if do not download the
34 > certificate or if I am running FF in Private Browsing mode.
35
36 I'm guessing you might be in the window that shows up when you edit
37 preferences and go to 'Privacy & Security --> Certificates --> Manage
38 Certificates ...' and then to the "Servers" tab.
39
40 From there, I can import the certificate I downloaded with openssl.
41 Once imported, I can click on "Add Exceptions". That gives me the same
42 dialog which comes up when I'm trying to connect which doesn't allow me
43 to add an exception because the buttons to do so are disabled. The
44 dialog remains stuck at "Checking Information" indefinitely.
45
46 I'm attaching a screenshot:

seamonkey.jpg image/jpeg