From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] uvesafb fails to work
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 19:21:39
1 Hi All,
2
3 I've just compiled kernel-2.6.24-gentoo-r3 which comes with uvesa and thought
4 of using it on a box of mine. However, amidst other weird and wonderful
5 errors that the new kernel gives me on this box, I have completely failed to
6 get uvesafb to work.
7
8 When it boots up it comes up with these errors:
9 =====================================================
10 * Setting framebuffer console images
11 Can't open cfg file //etc/splash/emergence/640x480.cfg
12 No 8bpp silent picture specified in the theme
13 No 8bpp verbose picture specified in the theme
14 * Failed to set background image on tty1
15 =====================================================
16
17 Meanwhile the penguins and fonts on the boot console are shown in some
18 impossibly large size. My kernel line is:
19
20 kernel /kernel-2.6.24-gentoo-r3 root=/dev/sda3 \
21 video=uvesafb:1280x1024-32@60,ywrap,mtrr:4, \
22 splash=silent,fadein,theme:emergence quiet CONSOLE=/dev/tty1
23 initrd /boot/fbsplash-emergence-1280x1024
24
25 Any ideas?
26 --
27 Regards,