From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: but cool - NASDAQ is gentoo powered
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 23:26:35
1 On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
4 >> Am 16.08.2011 19:06, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
5 >>
6 >>> In all my computers (i.e., not the two desktops at uni, since they are
7 >>> not "mine") I use systemd (which thankfully has entered the portage
8 >>> tree)
9 >>
10 >> systemd sounds like a nice-to-have project for me.
11 >>
12 >> Which howto did you follow, what do you recommend me to read to start
13 >> using it (with gentoo, sure) ?
14 >
15 > I became afraid after reading this wiki page, especially the part
16 > about removing openrc and making your own init.d and conf.d entries:
17 >
18 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Systemd
19
20 I don't know about the wiki (I didn't use it to install systemd), and
21 as I said, I think it works out-of-the-box now, and you can safely go
22 back to OpenRC if you want to.
23
24 Regards.
25 --