From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE URL-handling weirdness [solved]
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:01:08
1 On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:41:07 -0600
2 »Q« <boxcars@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > I suppose this started when I upgraded to KDE 4.9.5, but I just
5 > noticed it today.
6 >
7 > In KDE's system settings, I have Firefox set as the default web
8 > browser. It worked fine before now. But now when I click on an
9 > http: or https: URL in some other application, KDE downloads the page
10 > to its local cache, then launches Firefox to open the local file. So
11 > my Firefox is opening a file such as
12 > file:///var/tmp/kdecache-q/krun/8144_0_
13 >
14 > I don't think I've changed any settings that should affect this, and I
15 > don't know what to change to fix it.
16
17 Sorry for the noise -- I didn't do enough searching before posting
18 here.
19
20 I fixed it by changing the command in Firefox's .desktop file from
21 "firefox" to "firefox %u".