From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: no keyboard on fresh install
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 19:57:06
1 Hinnerk van Bruinehsen <h.v.bruinehsen@×××××××××.de> writes:
2
3 > On 01.06.2012 10:33, Harry Putnam wrote:
4 >> On a fresh install on older dell P4, I've been unable to get the
5 >> usb keyboard to respond.
6 >>
7 >> It responds at the grub screen, but once past there... no response
8 >>
9 > <SNIP>
10 >>
11 >> Anyone have ideas on this?
15 > So your keyboard works within the bios and in grub, but not once the
16 > pc is booted?
17
18 Thanks for your response and yes you have it right.
19
20 > Sounds like a driver-issue to me. You should check the kernel config
21 > for usb and hid options.
22
23 You'll notice, in another post I announced that problem may have
24 unexpectedly sidestepped.
25
26 > CONFIG_HID and CONFIG_USB_HID especially come to my mind.
27
28 (Sorry, can't even check that since I'm now trying to install WinXP
29 over that gentoo install)
30
31 Thanks, when this roles around again sometime I'll have some idea what
32 to be looking for during kernel build.
33
34 I'll say though, and as reported in OP, I once had a very similar
35 problem that turned out to be a simple bio setting. It was not so
36 simple to find the setting, but still just a matter of enabling or
37 disabling something.... I hope I find my old notes soon.
38
39 I was hoping someone might recognize the problem and be able to
40 remember the bios item[s]