From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: finding package versions in use
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 11:29:19
1 Hi folk,
4 I'd like to add some package usage information to the
5 Comprehensive Source Database (http://sourcefarm.metux.de/):
6
7 The database should know whether some specific release is used
8 by some distribution, and maybe whether additional patches are
9 needed. This should help the OSS-QM project (http://oss-qm.metux.de/)
10 and upstream to decide which releases to support.
11
12 As Gentoo's my favourite distro, I'd start here: a scanner runs
13 through the portage tree regularily and updates the CSDB usage
14 records. But the tricky point is matching Gentoo's ebuild version
15 to CSDB's normalized version space.
16
17 Does anyone have an suggestion how to achieve this (w/o too much
18 manual work) ?
21 cu
22 --
24 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
26 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
27 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
28 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
29 http://patches.metux.de/
31 --
32 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list