From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Dolphin's nfs:// kioslave transfers files slowly
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 15:01:38
1 Hi,
2
3 Dolphin has a kioslave for nfs, used as nfs:// and mine runs slowly :-)
4
5 A transfer from my laptop to my media server using a regular nfs mount
6 runs at max speed (100Mb) over the LAN.
7 Using nfs:// it's 15% of that at most, usually around 10Mb or so.
8 I see the same thing at the office when comparing smb:// and a regular
9 smbfs mount using cifs.
10
11 I'm clueless about where to even start looking :-)
12 What could explain this behaviour?
13
14 [nfs:// and smb:// seem to use libs that implement those protocols, much
15 like how XBMC uses libnfs, KDE just doesn't use the libnfs project to do it]
18 Alan McKinnon
19 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com