From: Nagatoro <nagatoro@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Hardwarespec
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 13:06:24
1 jarry@×××.net wrote:
2 > Just 2 remarks:
3 > - be carefull with nForce4-based mobo, and sata-II disks!
4 > If possible, test it somewhere else before. Some nF4 chipset
5 > revisions have big problems with certain sata-II disk...
6
7 Thanks for the headsup, I got a warranty of sorts that if the combo
8 doesn't work I will get a replacement.
9
10 > - If I were you, I'd probaby go with AM2 socket.
11 > S-939 is slowly dying, and today you can buy nforce5-based
12 > motherboards and cpu, both for AM2-socket for the same price
13 > (MSI, or Asus). It sure has better future, then s-939...
14
15 Hmm, the dealer didn't have any AM2 sockets, but since I've never
16 upgraded the CPU without changing just about everything I don't think
17 that will be a dealbreaker.
18
19 Thanks!
20 --