From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Stable gcc:7.3.0 won't build with stable glibc
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019 00:33:13
1 On 2019-03-31, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > I would say you are left with two options. You can either file a bug
4 > against the third party library and ask them to make the changes
5 > (maybe providing patches) or the harder option would be to migrate
6 > away from that library. Ideally, convincing the third part library
7 > authors to make those changes would be best because it would benefit
8 > all of their consumers.
9
10 The easy option is to use (unstable) gcc 7.3.0-r6. It biulds with
11 glibc-2.28, and it will cleanly compile the library. [This is what
12 I'm doing.]
13
14 What I was asking about was whether it would be appropriate to file a
15 Gentoo bug against the gcc 7.3.0-r3 (stable) ebuild because it won't
16 build with the current stable glibc.
17
18 I'm sure the library will build with gcc-8 in the near future, but I
19 need to build it now. :)
22 Grant