From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] /home doesn't umount on shutdown
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 09:57:49
1 On the rare occasion when I reboot or shut this laptop down, it
2 continually and consistently gets stuck on one of the final steps, to
3 umount /home
4
5 The process never proceeds beyond that point (as /home is always
6 fsck'ed on next startup). I can't see any logs as syslog has already
7 been shut down at this point, and it happens whether I shutdown as root
8 from the console or by using the KDE widget.
9
10 /home here is on LVM
11
12 I could probably debug this easily enough if I could determine how the
13 shutdown sequence is ordered, or get a verbose output. But sadly, my fu
14 for such stuff has run out.
15
16 Anyone got pointers on where to start poking around?
17
18 [I'm not looking for solutions, I'm unlikely to get those right off the
19 bat, just looking for pointers atm]
24 Alan McKinnon
25 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com