From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] expat upgrade, kdelibs: circular problem?
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:25:50
1 On Monday 17 March 2008, brullo nulla wrote:
2 > > What output do you get from 'revdep-rebuild -p -i' ?
3 >
4 > Here it is:
5 >
6 > Evaluating package order...
7 > Warning: Failed to resolve package order.
8 > Will merge in "random" order!
9 > Possible reasons:
10 > - An ebuild is no longer in the portage tree.
11 > - An ebuild is masked, use /etc/portage/packages.keyword
12 > and/or /etc/portage/package.unmask to unmask it
13 > ..... done.
14 > (/root/.revdep-rebuild.5_order)
15
16 <snip HUGE package list...>
17
18 Hmmm. I seem to recall the expat upgrade being similar for me too.
19 Unless you receive good advice to the contrary, you could try doing
20 what I eventually did:
21
22 emerge -avuND world
23 then
24 emerge --skipfirst --resume
25 as many times as needed to get to the end. Mask and unmask stuff
26 manually as required. Eventually it all ends :-) and you are left with
27 a consistent system. The final test is to run:
28
29 emerge -avuND world
30 emerge -av --depclean
31 revdep-rebuild -p -i
32
33 and all three should result in nothing to do.
36 Alan McKinnon
37 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
40 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list