From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: no suEXEC logging on errors
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 08:45:26
1 Justin R Findlay <justin@××××××××.us> writes:
2
3 > On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 01:51:09AM -0500, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
4 >>
5 >> A few people have mentioned not having used Suexec making me wonder if
6 >> there is some other way to allow myuser to run cgi?
7 >
8 > I usually run apache as apache:web with the user creating the web stuff
9 > in the web group.
10
11 I'm not sure of your meaning here. So that gets around needing suexec
12 to fire cgi programs under /home/myuser/public_html?
13
14 I just tried that or at least tried to. created group web added
15 apache and myuser.
16
17 renamed /usr/sbin/suexec2/usr/sbin/suexec2X
18
19 Put the stock httpd.conf in place after setting group to web, and
20 restarted apache. User myuser running firefox can not fire a cgi in
21 public_html they just display in the browser as a text file would.
22
23 Ditto in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/
24
25 Can you clarify what you did?