From: list-catcher <list-catcher@××××××××××.com>
To: list-catcher <list-catcher@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo laptop issues
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 22:10:01
1 > The most important of the problems involves the fan. The laptop gets a
2 > whole lot hotter using linux while compiling than it did using vista while
3 > compiling which implies that there is some fan control missing from my
4 > install. What sort of ebuilds/apps should I be looking at to solve the
5 > problem?
8 After further investigation of the above with the helpful hint of checking
9 out 'fancontrol' apparently my laptop contains no pwm capable chips. Now
10 I suspect this is highly unlikely as the fan speed does indeed change
11 under vista. I wonder then if it's just not detecting the chip. Anyone
12 know of a utility or way to find my chip?
16 "All any drug amounts to is tweaking the incoming data. You have to be
17 incredibly self-centered or pathetic to be satisfied with simply tweaking
18 the incoming data." -- William Gibson