From: Basti Steiner <basti.steiner@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: YouTube "HD" unusable with Flash 10?
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 07:10:36
1 I'm using flash 9 and sometimes the message pops up even on non HD
2 videos. Don't know what it is, but a reload solves the problem most
3 times.
6 On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 11:46 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
7 > Graham Murray wrote:
8 >>
9 >> Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> writes:
10 >>
11 >>> I know that Flash 9 can play it. I'm just wondering if everyone here
12 >>> who uses Flash 10 has the same problem.
13 >>
14 >> I think that I am, but had not associated the problem with HD until
15 >> reading your post. I noticed that after upgrading to Flash 10 that I was
16 >> seeing a lot of "Sorry this video is no longer available" errors but
17 >> thought that maybe this was where youtube had removed the video.
18 >
19 > I'm beginning to think that Flash 10 has a problem with URLs. On some other
20 > Flash sites I get "file not found" errors. For example:
21 >
22 > http://www.springwidgets.com/
23 >
24 > Every single Flash object there results in "File not found." I suspect the
25 > same happens with YouTube "HD". But instead of a "file not found" you get
26 > the "video no longer available" message.