From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] has anyone tried KDE5?
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 15:05:19
1 141007 Pavel Volkov wrote:
2 > On Sunday, October 5, 2014 9:10:50 PM MSK, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> I haven't used konqueror as a browser in many many months,
4 >> I get along just fine with Firefox and Chromium.
5 >> I believe Konqueror is essentially unmaintained these days
6 >> or at least on life support. Make a fine file manager though
7 >> (kparts has always been one of KDE's very much better ideas)
8 > I think there was a tendency to replace Konqueror with rekonq
9 > in KDE-based distros. Can somebody comment on how rekonq is doing?
10
11 I dropped Konqueror as an alternative browser recently
12 after it refused to accept every URL as malformed.
13 Rekonq is an adequate replacement + Firefox for regular use ;
14 I also use Lynx when I want text copies of WWW dox.
15 My window manager is Fluxbox.
19 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
20 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
21 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca