From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Failed to emerge dev-qt/qtwebkit-5.6.0
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 17:47:36
1 On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 12:33:43 PM Dale wrote:
2 > Michael Mol wrote:
3 > > I have my system automatically update nightly, and check the build results
4 > > in the morning. If there's a persistent build error for a couple days, I
5 > > file a bug report. That's my threshold, anyway.
6 >
7 > This started on Sunday. So it has met that part anyway. Since I run a
8 > mix of stable and unstable, it has been known to cause issues that are
9 > weird. I just don't want to file a bug report and take up a devs time
10 > if it is some weird one off thing that affects no one else. It's not
11 > like they don't have enough stuff to deal with already. Then again,
12 > they do want info on failures so that it doesn't affect others. Where's
13 > my coin to flip? lol
14 >
15 > I plan to sync again and if it persists, Raid comes out. :/
16
17 If the problem started Monday, ad you didn't flip any USE flags or other
18 settings, then its a regression or other new issue; at the very least, it
19 helps them to have that documented.
20
21 At the same time, 5.6.0 lookslike it's hardmasked right now; I only have
22 5.5.1-r1 instealled, and that's after pushing plasma-meta and friends up to
23 5.6.3. This might be one of those cases where you need to wait until the
24 KDE4/5 transition stabilizes a bit more...
27 :wq