From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: buying a keyboard
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 20:14:50
1 On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 15:19:50 -0300, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
3 >
4 >> 3) Absence of the pads used to lift the back of the keyboard (I can't
5 >> believe some people don't use them).
6 >
7 > Some clam that raising the back of the keyboard increases the risk of RSI,
8 > and that you should raise the front if anything, to reduce the amount you
9 > bend your wrists.
10
11 I think this is an area where people with good posture have worse
12 typing conditions in general. A person who slouches in their chair
13 (like me, for example) has a very natural typing angle even when the
14 rear of the keyboard is raised. :) My elbows are well below the plane
15 of the desk... maybe my spine will look like a Lacrosse stick someday,
16 but I am comfortable for now.