From: John Dangler <jdangler@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] sudo
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:51:49
1 I'm looking into setting up sudo on my latest test box (stage3/genkernel
2 2.6.12-r9)
3
4 In portage, sudo says "Allows users or groups to run commands as other
5 users". The latest stable shows 1.6.8_p9 (although the one before is it
6 unstable, and the one before that is stable) hmm.
7
8 Anyway, the use flags show "pam skey offensive ldap"
9
10 Pam, I get. offensive and ldap - probably won't use these. But skey.
11
12 skey says it's a "Linux Port of OpenBSD Single-key Password System" That's
13 all the info I've been able to find out so far.
14
15 The connecting page is a Solaris page that doesn't exist. I'm trying to
16 find out exactly what this means, since it's a recommended piece from the
17 Gentoo security handbook.
21 Any input as always is greatly appreciated.
25 John D