From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Annoying mapping of some keys
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 14:33:07
1 On 2018-05-22 07:01, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
2
3 > The problem occurs using X or console or ssh.
4
5 Check what byte sequences those keys in fact emit. Here:
6
7 matica!2 ~$ echo '^[[7~' | hexdump -C
8 00000000 1b 5b 37 7e 0a |.[7~.|
9 00000005
10 matica!3 ~$ echo '^[[8~' | hexdump -C
11 00000000 1b 5b 38 7e 0a |.[8~.|
12 00000005
13 matica!4 ~$ echo '^[[3~' | hexdump -C
14 00000000 1b 5b 33 7e 0a |.[3~.|
15 00000005
16
17 I typed them using the readline ^Q mechanism.
18
19 If you get different results, the problem is on the level of kernel
20 keymaps (that is, loadkeys and friends).
21
22 If you get the same results: do you have the /etc/terminfo directory and
23 is the file corresponding to your TERM variable there?
26 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
27 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
28 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
29 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.