From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] System with 2 NICs and DHCP (pump)
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 14:27:47
1 Hello!
2
3 I've got a system, which has 2 NICs. Both are configured with
4 DHCP (client: pump). We're using DDNS; ie. the DHCP server enters
5 the IP adress and hostname into DNS, so that lookups work.
6
7 Problem now is, that this machine has two NICs. Because of that,
8 it needs to enter *TWO* unique hostnames; one for eth0 and
9 one for eth1. In my /etc/conf.d/net, I've added:
10
11 modules=( "pump" )
12 config_eth0=( "dhcp" )
13
14 config_eth1=( "dhcp" )
15 pump_eth1="--hostname=dewugb01"
16
17 When I run "/etc/init.d/net.eth0 start" & "/etc/init.d/net.eth1 start"
18 by hand, everything's working as I want it to.
19
20 But as soon as the leases have to be renewed, I've got a problem.
21 Meaning, that it'll try to register the hostname from eth0
22 for the IP of eth1 as well; IOW: it will not respect the
23 hostname that I specified.
24
25 I also see, that there's just ONE pump process running.
26
27 How do I do all of that correctly?
28
29 Thanks a lot,
30
31 Alexander Skwar
32 --
33 And now for something completely the same.
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list