From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Loosing key presses since upgrade to xorg-server-1.7.6
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 01:44:19
1 On 2010-05-06, Remy Blank <remy.blank@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I upgraded xorg-server to 1.7.6 (and the few associated packages) a few
4 > days ago, and since then I seem to spuriously loose some key presses
5 > when typing fast. This only happens in X, not on the console. The box is
6 > a Dell Latitude E6500 laptop.
7 [...]
8
9 > This is extremely annoying. Am I the only one seeing this? Any ideas how
10 > I could solve the issue, short of downgrading xorg-server, which I would
11 > like to avoid?
12
13 I've been seeing this on all of my Gentoo boxes since xorg 1.6 (it's
14 been almost a year now). But, it only happens when a box is heavily
15 loaded (it doesn't matter how fast I type).
16
17 Two of the systems are NVidia, one uses ATI. Two are desktops, one is
18 a laptop. One has dual cards and three displays, the others have
19 single cards/displays.
20
21 I've pretty much given up on it ever getting fixed. :/
24 Grant