From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT} Intel D2700 processor + NM10 chipset - how to kernel config?
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 11:41:23
1 Hi,
2
3 I have bought a cheap mini ITX board with an embedded Intel D2700 processor
4 and NM10 chipset, and the kernel I have built a few months ago doesn't even
5 allow text mode console - meanwhile, among other things, I'm trying to find
6 and strip out any frame buffer entries in the kernel configuration, so that
7 at least a plain text console might be visible.
8
9 Also meanwhile, a live CD (kubuntu) managed to get a VGA KDE running (no
10 pure text mode console), but only using a large screen monitor, and
11 exclusively using HDMI port (the same monitor did not work on VGA, and the
12 board does not support DVI), so that at least I could check the full
13 specification of the processor (`cat /proc/cpuinfo`) and all of the
14 peripherals (`lspci -k`), so that I could build a better suited kernel.
15
16 Any specifics on your minds about this hardware?
17
18 Thanks!
19 Francisco