From: CR Little <crlittle@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Cleaning up portage
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:04:05
1 I did a df -h on my system today and I only have 300 megs left on /usr
5 So I went into /usr/portage and ran du -sh and it shows as 1.5G
9 I then went into /usr/src and ran du -sh and it shows as 1.5G also
13 Granted this is a small box - 5 Gigs for /usr
17 Should I delete all the outdated sources in /usr/src to gain space and
18 if so will is a simple rm -rf linux-2.6.outdated work?
22 Next, what will happen if I rm -rf /usr/portage will the next emerge
23 sync rebuild it?
29 Where should I check to get some disk space back?
30
31 IIt seems most of the space that is being taken up is /usr/portage and
32 /usr/src
36 Thanks.
37
38 CR.