From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] mounting screws
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 10:33:47
1 On Monday, 21 February 2022 18:14:09 GMT Steven Lembark wrote:
2 > On Sun, 20 Feb 2022 17:24:44 +0000
3 >
4 > Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > > I have a couple of vertically mounted easy-swap disk caddies in the
6 > > back of my workstation, and I'm having trouble finding screws to
7 > > mount the disk in the caddy. Clearance is nil, so the screws must be
8 > > countersunk so they aren't proud of the surface. They seem to be m3
9 > > perhaps 5mm long.
10 >
11 > Sanity check: Do you have at least one of the screws?
12 >
13 > The threads will be defined by your disk drives, which means
14 > they are possibly imperial threads (vs. SI). Many of the same
15 > sorts of screws are used on autombiles; you might find that a
16 > local parts store can dig up a pitch guage that'll at least
17 > tell you what you're looking for.
18
19 I see I over-simplified. In fact, the 2.5" drive is in a 3.5" adapter, and it's
20 that that I'm having trouble with mounting in the caddy. But the screws are
21 arriving this morning, so all should be well.
24 Regards,
25 Peter.