From: Norman Hakim <desprado_mariachi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Enabling Hald services
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 10:16:15
1 Ward Poelmans <wpoely86@×××××.com> wrote: 2008/6/21 Norman Hakim :
2 > Thank you. After i run this script "/etc/init.d/hald start" and with
3 > "rc-update add hald default" using in root and i connect my external
4 > harddisk,it detects my external but after i double click to open it,nothing
5 > happen,i cant open my external drive.
6
7 By detected you mean what? You can see an icon on your desktop for
8 your external drive?
9 Run "mount" and "dmesg" see what it tell's ya.
10
11 > My questions from my previous email was when i want to open Removable Media
12 > application there is a popup telling me that Volume Management is not
13 > supported and asked me to enable hald services.
14
15 Which desktop manager are you using? Gnome, KDE, xfce, ... ?
16 Do you have enfin rights? You need to member of certain groups (but i
17 can't remember which ones)
18 What does "id" tell you?
19
20 Ward
21 --
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
23
24 Yes,i can the icon but i cannot open it,after i click it nothing happen. Is it i have to Run "mount" and "dmesg" using terminal? i'm using Gnome desktop manager,the id stated is "1000".
25
26 Before that, when i boot my liveCD during installation i booted using "gentoo nox". Actually can you explain bout "nox" because if i don't boot using "nox" there will be problem with my video card.
27
28 Thank you
29
30 Norman