From: Jeremy Olexa <olex.mail.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] broken install from LiveCD-2006.0
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 01:22:44
1 David Relson wrote:
2
3 > <portage-snapshot>
4 > file:///mnt/cdrom/snapshots/portage-20060123.tar.bz2
5 > </portage-snapshot>
8 > and the tarball _does_ exist.
9 >
10 > Any tips on how to get the install going?
13 I guess I would try to emerge --sync and get the latest version from the
14 internet. With that being said, I still haven't used the GUI installer
15 and probably never will so my guess may be rubbish. Perhaps you could
16 try reading the docs and installing Gentoo via cmd line? It isn't that
17 hard trust me... ;)
18
19 -Jeremy
20
21 (PS. I assume the GUI installer still has _quite_ a few bugs associated
22 with it because they have recently made a NEW category for it in bugzilla)
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list