From: Francesco Turco <mail@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] jack vs jack2 USE-flag-wise?
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 12:26:39
1 On Fri, May 15, 2020, at 13:51, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > I want to set 'jack' as a default USE flag - bu my system is a
3 > multicore/multithreaded on...so I need not jack aka
4 >
5 > media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit
6 >
7 > but I think I need this one:
8 >
9 > * media-sound/jack2
11 > multi-processor machine
12 >
13 > what USE flag pulls this one instead the first one?
14
15 Some packages depend on virtual/jack.
16 The virtual/jack ebuild depends on either media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit or media-sound/jack2.
17 So if you prefer the latter, just install it and uninstall the former.
18 But please note that some other packages depend specifically on media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit when the "jack" USE flag is enabled.
19 So perhaps you cannot avoid keeping both.
22 https://fturco.net/