From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: DBUS [was] Re: [gentoo-user] systemd
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 18:37:26
1 (renaming, because it feels like a rant thread is inevitable)
2
3 On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Stroller
5 >> Reading that blog entry I found discouraging the idea that dbus might be required on my servers in the future, if systemd becomes popular with distros.
6 >
7 > I don't see the problem with D-Bus. It's small (the only hard
8 > dependency it has is an XML parser), and it provides the Linux/UNIX
9 > (de facto) standard interprocess communication system.
10
11 My chief gripe with D-Bus is that I've had X sessions disappear out
12 from under me as a consequence of the daemon being restarted. Having a
13 single point of failure like that is very, very scary. Otherwise, I
14 like what it tries to do.
17 :wq