From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] very poor video quality with xorg-server and ati video card
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 21:58:45
1 On Monday 27 December 2010 22:17:50 Davide Carnovale wrote:
2 > Hello everyone,
3 > it's two days i'm struggling to get a decent video quality on a fresh gentoo
4 > install.
5 > i have an ATI mobility HD5650 on a laptop. i've set VIDEO_CARD="radeon" on
6 > /etc/make.conf and emerge xf86-video-ati and radeon-ucode
7 > i've also followed hints from here: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ati-faq.xml
8 > and here: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/dri-howto.xml
9 > and here: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml
10 > but i still get a very poor quality on images on the web, and can't run
11 > secondlife (the heaviest 3d program i use)
12 > i'm using the X server with no config file also, eselect opengl list shows
13 > only xorg-x11 in the list.
14 >
15 > can anyone point me to an howto or give me some ideas on what can i do to
16 > fix this problem?
17 >
18 > Davide
19