From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting the priority of the compiler
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 15:23:10
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Friday 08 December 2006 10:21, Roman Naumann wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi, are there any options to set the compiler priority for emerge
5 >> actions? I thought of something as GPP_PRIORITY="lowest" in the
6 >> make.conf file or something similar.
7 >>
8 >> Google didn't help at all..
11 > PORTAGE_NICENESS in /etc/make.conf
12 >
13 > Refer 'man 5 make.conf'
14 >
15 > alan
16 >
17 > # PORTAGE_NICENESS provides a default increment to emerge's niceness
18 > level.
19 > # Note: This is an increment. Running emerge in a niced
20 > environment will
21 > # reduce it further. Default is unset.
22 > PORTAGE_NICENESS=5
23
24 That has worked for me for a long time now. KDE and most everything
25 else is set to 0 anyway. Folding is the only thing with a lower priority.
26
27 Give that a try.
28
29 Dale