From: victor romanchuk <rom@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xen 4.1.1 trouble
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 14:12:21
1 Konstantinos Agouros wrote, at 11/08/2011 02:14 PM:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I upgraded one system from Xen 3.4.2 to 4.1.1. Now when I start a guest
5 > the whole machine instantly reboots. Are there any changes necessary so
6 > that this works? I didn't touch the configuration of the guest.
7 > It's a PV gentoo running either xen-sources-2.6.34 or .38.
8 >
9 > Konstantin
12 if you're running pure pv domUs (with no real hardware support), this should be
13 completely transparent for the hypervisor
14
15 i'm running x86_64 xen-sources-2.6.34-r5 on both dom0 and domUs on Xen 4.1.2
16 (still using xend/xm interface): everything works stable enough. i have already
17 switched to new hardware, upgraded xen, kernel configuration and versions whilst
18 domU configs did not change for years
19
20 the only significant improvement of recent xen (for small configurations: i dont
21 have experience with more than 2 cpu sockets systems) is an enhanced support of
22 vt-d (iommu); turn it off and re-try - there are many incompatibilities there
23 probably causing xen to hang
24
25 victor