From: Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, "Remco Rijnders" <remco@×××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mutt vs Fetchmail problem
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 17:04:15
1 Remco,
2
3 On Wednesday, 2021-03-24 08:59:58 -0400, Remco Rijnders wrote:
4
5 > ...
6 > Of late, a lot of email providers (notably gmail, MS/outlook, and I think Yahoo
7 > too) require OAUTH support to access mail.
8
9 Since I'm a daily Fetchmail user, I was startled at first, but startpag-
10 ing for "OAUTH" and "fetchmail" returned
11
12 - Disabling the "Less Secure App" (LSA) support by Google has been
13 postponed indefinitely, and thus Fetchmail 6.X as currently provid-
14 ed by Gentoo should suffice for the time beeing.
15
16 - OAUTH should be part of Fetchmail 7.X, but as of today the most re-
17 cent downloadable release is 6.4.17. There is a 6.5.0-beta2 branch
18 in the Git repository at SourceForge, but it does not seem to cont-
19 ain anything OAUTH specific.
20
21 So apparently Google is waiting until Fetchmail is ready, or at least so
22 I hope :-)
23
24 Sincerely,
25 Rainer